Processor trigger unit ASTER™ V2, Basic firmware - rear wiring
ASTER V2 is a younger brother of well-known TITAN V2. This world's first 4th generation AEG Control System is destined for most of AEGs with gearbox V2 on the market (including stock, low- and mid-tuned) and even for high-tuned guns (in case of EXPERT firmware). It was designed to achieve maximum reliability at attractive price and hence it has extremely profitable price-performance ratio.
Transform your AEG by replacing trigger contacts with computerized controller equipped with innovative optical sensors, including proximity trigger sensor which offers even 250 sensitivity settings. Gain unique tactical advantage thanks to extremely fast trigger response and lots of other useful functions. ASTER's smart fuse protects your AEG’s battery, motor and the controller, even in case of reverse battery connection. This feature, along with the optical sensors, makes ASTER the most durable drop-in unit on the market. You choose how to configure ASTER - simply via trigger or through USB-Link / Blu-Link (Blu-Link is future GATE Bluetooth® adapter) and our advanced GCS app. To enjoy full potential of ASTER, you can upgrade its firmware to ADVANCED or EXPERT.
ASTER is not just another drop-in mosfet. It is a part of GATE ecosystem that turns your AEG into an advanced training weapon.
What makes ASTER so special?
- Protection against battery reverse polarity
- Proximity trigger sensor which offers even 250 possible sensitivity settings
- Option to configure its main settings simply via trigger or completely through GATE Control Station app for Android, Windows and macOS (also for iOS in 2020 after Bluetooth® adapter release)
- Built-in RGB led makes programming easier
- Removing of safety lever is not required
- No modification of gearbox shell needed, even in case of KRYTAC* and ICS (*when bolt catch lever is removed. This applies to ASTER R1. Next ASTER revisions will be fully compatible with KRYTAC gearbox)
- Optical gear cam sensor supports all types of gears: Infinite Torque-up, DSG, SSG, 19-tooth and standard
- Binary trigger function as basic function
- Premium level functionality at fair price – extremely profitable price-performance ratio
- GCS app allows for making firmware updates via the internet, what enables improvements
What is a drop-in module? It is an electronic unit replacing the trigger contacts and the cut-off lever, which takes control of your AEG.
GATE Control Station™ app
ASTER and GATE Control Station give you total control of your AEG. The GCS offers you the option to:
- control your airsoft gun from smartphone with Android (also with iOS in 2020 after Bluetooth® adapter release) and PC with Windows or macOS)
- simply adjust the ASTER settings
- update and upgrade firmware
- see the BB counters and Meter statistics
- perform diagnostics and send reports
ASTER has optical sensors for detecting gear cam, trigger and selector position. With the GCS app, you can easly calibrate, test and adjust these sensors.
Trigger sensitivity adjustment
The trigger sensor offers you even 250 possible sensitivity settings. You do not have to disassemble your AEG. Just use GCS app to adjust the trigger to your preferences and level of skills. You can even activate 2-stage trigger and set two different trigger sensitivities. Pulling the trigger slightly produces SEMI or BURST fire and pulling the trigger further produces BURST, BURST/AUTO or AUTO fire. The 1.5 gen. proximity trigger sensor offers the following sensitivity ranges, depending on trigger construction:
- In total: 160 - 250 levels
- In the first millimeter of trigger movement: 3 - 15 levels
Selector switching point adjustment
The selector sensor gives you an option for fine calibration of selector switching point. Please note that trigger sensitivity and selector switching point cannot be set while programming via trigger
Programming via trigger
This programming mode allows you to configure basic functions of your device only with trigger and fire selector. During programming, functions are indicated by corresponding LED colors and vibrations. The following ASTER options can be programmed via trigger:
- Fire mode – blue (unavailable for regional lock)
- Burst – bright blue (unavailable for regional lock)
- Battery protection – green
- Active brake – pink
- Advanced settings – orange
ASTER is available in 3 firmware editions: BASIC, ADVANCED and EXPERT. The table below contains functional comparison of settings configured via trigger and across ASTER firmware editions.
- BASIC: The best for those who prefer simplicity but require highest quality. Economic version with limited number of functions. If you will decide to have more functions, there is always option to upgrade firmware from BASIC to ADVANCED.
- ADVANCED: The best for those who like complex solutions. Advanced version with wide variety of functions. It enables access to the Statistics and ASTER World Rankings.
- EXPERT: The best for experienced airsofters. Vast diversity of settings and options combined with maximum configuration capabilities allow to prepare for the most demanding mission (EXPERT firmware will be released in early Fall together with GCS Big Update).
The table below contains functional comparison of settings configured via trigger and across firmware editions. The comparison applies to the current ASTER possibilities and future TITAN functionality (once GBU firmware update is available). You need to purchase USB-Link or Blu-Link to connect ASTER with GATE Control Station.
In order to upgrade your ASTER, you need to purchase the upgrade: Upgrade page
ASTER gives you the option to adjust:
- FIRE SELECTOR MODES (gen. 2)
- PRE-COCKING (gen. 1.5)
- SERIES SAFETY LIMIT
- SNIPER DELAY
- ROF CONTROL
- SMART TRIGGER
- BATTERY PROTECTION (gen. 2)
- LOW BATTERY WARNING
- ADAPTIVE ACTIVE BRAKE
- CYCLE DETECTION (gen. 1.5)
- CUSTOM VIBRATIONS
- NOTIFICATIONS SETTINGS
- USER PROFILES
- SETTINGS PACKAGES
- FIRMWARE UPDATE
- SMART FUSE (gen. 2)
- BUILT-IN SELF-TEST
- PRINTED QUICKSTART
- Support for stock and mid-tuned AEGs (high-tuned AEGs are supported in case of EXPERT firmware edition)
- Maximum operating voltage: 12.75 V (LiPO 11.1 V)
- Minimum operating voltage: 3 V
- Absolute maximum voltage: 17 V
- Conformal coating (Military Specification MIL-V-173C) – resistance to atmospheric conditions
- ASTER Module with BASIC firmware edition
- ASTER Patch
- "Programming via Trigger" Card
- Installation Kit
- Quickstart Guide
NOTICE! In order to configure ASTER via GCS app, you need the USB-Link or Blu-Link which is not included in the kit.
ASTER and TITAN differences
The company has been designing and producing the most innovative AEG Control Systems and MOSFETs from 2014. GATE headquarters is located in Cracow, Poland. Their products successfully entered global markets and are being sold in more than 20 countries.
Why should you choose GATE while upgrading your gun? Thanks to these products, your skirmish becomes a more exciting experience. The variety of functions and protections the Controllers and MOSFETs give to your gun is enormous.